Spangdahlem Air Base
Spangdahlem, GE 54529 +49 6565 611110
Base Type: Air Force
After emerging as the victors in the Second World War, the Western Allies (FRA, U.S., UK) occupied western Germany under the terms of the Potsdam agreement. With the creation of NATO in response to Cold War tensions in Europe, USAFE wanted its vulnerable fighter units in West Germany moved west of the Rhein River to provide greater air defense warning time. France agreed to air base sites within its zone of occupation in the Rheinland-Palatinate. Spangdahlem base was constructed between 1951 and 1953 at a cost of roughly $27,000,000 using French and German contractors, working under the supervision of a French government agency. The initial USAF military presence began on 1 September 1952 with the arrival of the 7352d Air Base Squadron on 1 September 1952 from Fürstenfeldbruck Air Base near Munich. The mission of the 7532d ABS was to prepare the facility for an operational wing.
To Spangdahlem from Frankfurt International Airport
- Exit the airport and follow the signs direction Weisbaden Autobahn A-3
- Stay on Autobahn A-3 direction Koblenz
- Once in the vesting of Koblenz you need to take the Koblenz Autobahn A-48 exit
- Stay on Autobahn A-48 direction Trier
- Take the Burgweiler/Wittlich exit #11 to A-60, Bitburg
- Take the Spangdahlem exit and follow the signs to the base
To Frankfurt International Airport from Spangdahlem
- Exit the main gate and turn right towards Manderscheid
- Follow to the A-60, take it to Wittlich
- Once at Wittlich take Autobahn A-48 past Koblenz direction Frankfurt am Main
- Autobahn A-48 will turn into Autobahn A-3
- Follow Autobahn A-3 direction Frankfurt
- Once in the vicinity of Weisbaden you will see a sign with an airplane
- Follow the airplane sign staying on Autbahn A-3
- The international airport will be on the right marked with exit signs
To Spangdahlem from Ramstein Air Base
- Exit Ramstein main gate and proceed through the traffic circle
- Continue on and take the second left
- Pass through the first traffic light to the second
- At the second light turn right on to Autobahn 6
- Stay on Autobahn 6 for approximately 5 Km
- Take the Autobahn 62 exit Kusel/Birkenfeld/Trier
- Autobahn 62 will change into Autobahn 1
- Continue on Autobahn 1 past Trier towards Wittlich
- Exit at the Wittlich Kruez on A60 towards Bitburg
- Continue on A60 until you reach the Spangdahlem exit
- Follow the signs towards Spangdahlem
- The main gate is off the first traffic circle you enter
To Ramstein Air Base from Spangdahlem
- Exit the main gate and turn right towards A60
- Take the A60 exit towards Wittlich
- Take the Wittlich Kreuz exit A1 toward Trier
- Continue on Autobahn 1 past Trier toward Kaiserslautern (Autobahn 1 turns into Autobahn 62)
- Exit Autobahn 62 onto Autobahn 6 Mannheim, Kaiserslautern exit
- Proceed approximately 2 Km to the signs for the US Air Base
- Follow the signs to Ramstein Air Base
Mosel Dining Hall
Adult Education Center
Equal Opportunity Advisor
Military & Family Readiness
Housing Management Office
54531 Manderscheid, Rhineland-Palatinate, Germany
54534 Grosslittgen, Rhineland-Palatinate, Germany
54647 Gondorf b Bitburg, Rhineland-Palatinate, Germany
+49 4965 6595660
Kirchstr. 1 | Wallenborn,
54516 Bruch b Wittlich, Rhineland-Palatinate, Germany
52nd Medical Group
+49 6565 618333
Welcome to the 52nd Medical Group (MDG), home of Spangdahlem’s Saber Medics. The 52 MDG supports the 52d Fighter Wings mission of Fueling Forward-Ready-Now with Airpower Options. Our clinic provides a full spectrum of the highest quality outpatient medical care to nearly 14,000 beneficiaries.
Additionally, we provide medical support for eighteen geographically separated units and deployment medicine for Europe’s most heavily deployed fighter wing. Our webpage is designed to help you better understand the healthcare services available for you and your family.
Frequent numbers called:
Appointments: DSN 314-452-8333
Pharmacy: DSN 314-452-3301
Nurse Advice Hotline TRICARE- (800) 874-2273 Opt 1
Primary Care Appointments- (800) 600-9332
TRICARE for Life- (866) 773-0404
Tricare partners with United Healthcare Military & Veterans as its regional contractor in the Western United States to provide health care services and support to beneficiaries.
Tricare Home Page allows access to Enroll in or Purchase a Plan, File or Check a Claim, View Referrals, Find a Health Care Provider, Change Your Primary Care Manager, Compare Plans, Manage Prescriptions and much more.
Nurse Advice Line TRICARE: (800) 874-2273 Opt 1.
The Nurse Advice Line is available to all TRICARE beneficiaries in the U.S., except those enrolled in US Family Health Plan. You can call the Nurse Advice Line 24/7, at no cost to you, to talk to a registered nurse who can: Answer your urgent care questions.
New to TRICARE:
Learn more about TRICARE- Watch an overview video & take free public TRICARE courses online.
You can make Primary Care appointments, check lab results and even order your pharmacy refills using TOL, 24 hours a day, 7 days a week.
Contact: (800) 600-9332
TRICARE For Life:
Contact- (866) 773-0404
TRICARE for Life is your Medicare-wraparound coverage for TRICARE-eligible beneficiaries who have Medicare Part A and B. TRICARE for Life beneficiaries can receive care at military hospitals and clinics, but only on a space-available basis.
TRICARE Pharmacy Program:
The TRICARE Pharmacy Program provides the prescription drugs you need, when you need them, in a safe, easy, and affordable way.
Customer Service Community Directory:
The directory helps you connect with a Beneficiary Counseling and Assistance Coordinator (BCAC), Debt Collection Assistance Officer (DCAO), or other member of the customer service community. If you have questions or issues specific to a single clinic or hospital, contact someone listed for that facility.
You may contact any customer service community representative for general TRICARE issues.
Must be registered in the DEERS program to be eligible for TRICARE
Defense Enrollment Eligibility Reporting System:
Base Quick References
The numbers for Fairchild Air Force Base have low accuracy due to its unique utilization. Entire companies are rotated through on a regular basis, so large portions of the phone directory are subject to change without notice. Please contact the base operator at (509) 247-1212 if you experience any difficulty reaching your desired contact.