When it comes to home improvement, there are probably two places you’ll go shopping: Home Depot or Lowe’s.
For military service members, one of the perks is receiving discounts and offers from companies as a way to say thank you for their service to our country. Home Depot and Lowe’s are both examples of companies that do so.
Both home improvement stores offer a military discount of 10% off. But Lowe’s discount seems to be a lot more lucrative. First of all, you can use it on more items with less restriction. Second of all, it’s available both in-store and online.
So, whether you’re looking to paint your living room or you’re finishing up a big renovation, the Lowe’s military discount can really come in handy for military families all over the country.
Overview of the Lowe’s Military Discount
The Lowe’s military discount offers 10% off Lowe’s purchases to military service members to those on active duty, reservists, and Veterans. Lowe’s also goes the extra mile and offers this lucrative discount to military family members as well.
Related Article – Home Depot Military Discount
To be as clear as possible, here are the definitions that Lowe’s uses to identify these groups:
- An active duty service member or reservist is anyone currently serving in the US Armed Forces or Reserve Forces including the Army, Navy, Air Force, Marine Corps, Coast Guard, National Guard, National Oceanic and Atmospheric Administration (NOAA), or the US Public Health Service (USPHS).
- A Veteran is defined as anyone who previously served in the US Armed Forces or Reserve Forces including the Army, Navy, Air Force, Marine Corps, Coast Guard, National Guard, NOAA, or USPHS.
- A military family member is defined as anyone part of the immediate family of a service member or Veteran which includes a spouse and children up to 18 years old.
How to Claim the Lowe’s Military Discount
For military service members to claim the Lowe’s military discount, the easiest way to do so is by going online and verifying your military ID through a MyLowe’s account.
First, you’ll need to visit the official MyLowe’s Military Validation Sign-Up page and create an account. If you already have a MyLowe’s account, sign in.
Then, you’ll need to fill out a registration form and scroll down to the section that says ‘Military Discount’ and click ‘Enroll.’ From there, you’ll be redirected to a third-party website called SheerID to verify your military ID information.
Once your ID has been approved as valid, you can shop online on the Lowe’s website and start getting 10% on most items available at Lowe’s.
The great thing about verifying your military credentials online is that they get saved as part of your MyLowe’s account. So, every time you shop, you’ll automatically receive the 10% Lowe’s military discount.
Related Article – Target Military Discount
The fact that Lowe’s has an online system to verify military IDs for the discount is a huge perk too because when you shop at Home Depot, for example, sure you get a 10% discount there also, but only when you shop in-store. Lowe’s allows you to use the military discount online too and you don’t need to bring in your ID every time!
Not Good With Computers? Verify Your Military ID In-Store
If you’re not great with computers, that’s no problem at all. You can simply verify your military ID at any Lowe’s store. You’ll have to see the customer service desk but they should be able to sort out your discount quickly so that you can get straight to the savings.
Examples of eligible military ID include:
- Common Access Card (CAC)
- DD2014 (Discharge papers)
- Uniformed Services ID Card Active Duty
- Veterans ID Card (VIC)
- Uniformed Services ID Card
- VA Health ID Card (VHIC)
- Active Duty Family Member card
Simply bring one of these forms of military ID and you’ll be able to use the Lowe’s military discount.
Are There Restrictions With the Lowe’s Military Discount?
There are a few restrictions involved with qualifying for the Lowe’s military discount.
First of all, your discharge status matters. So, if you have been dishonorably discharged, you were discharged for bad conduct, or you have an ‘other than honorable’ discharge from the military, you won’t be eligible for the Lowe’s military discount. The only types of discharges that apply are honorable, under honorable condition, and general discharges.
Another restriction is that you cannot combine the Lowe’s military discount with any other coupons or sales going on in the store, including the 5% off that MyLowe’s members receive. You also cannot use the Lowe’s military discount to buy gift cards or for product or service installs.
You also won’t be able to use the Lowe’s military discount on extended protection plans, fees, or taxes, as well as on volume purchases or special discount programs. For example, if you work as a contractor, you won’t be able to use the discount to order items in bulk for your business.
More About Product and Service Installations
To be clear about which product and service installations are ineligible for the Lowe’s military discount, here we are breaking down what military service members won’t be able to take 10% off of at Lowe’s.
- Kitchen Installations including appliance installation and removal, installation of cabinetry, sinks, countertops, backsplash, flooring, lighting, blinds, and doors.
- Bathroom Installations including installation of toilets, faucets, showers, vanities, cabinetry, doors, and flooring.
- Living Room or Bedroom Installations including installation of flooring, doors, lighting, fans, and windows.
- Home Installations including installation of flooring, doors, windows, HVAC systems, fans, generators, water heaters, lighting, and air conditioners.
- Exterior Installations including installation of fencing, roofing, windows, painting, doors, decks, gutters, awnings, ramps, sheds, and playgrounds.
- Garage and Storage Installations including installation of garage doors and garage door openers, sheds, and attic ladders.
What Can I Buy With the Lowe’s Military discount?
Now that you know what you’re not able to buy with the Lowe’s military discount, here’s a list of all the great things you can buy with the Lowe’s military discount and get 10% off which includes almost everything else in the store.
Related Article – Best Buy Military Discount
- Building supplies including Asphalt tools and repair, gutters, lumber, drywall, nails, hammers, and drywall.
- Bathroom supplies including toilets, bathtubs, sinks, faucets, showerheads, mirrors, and hardware.
- Electrical supplies including electrical outlets, adapters, generators, batteries, wire, and cable.
- Lawn and garden supplies including fertilizer, hoses, outdoor tools, pavers, pest control, and outdoor drainage.
- Ceiling fans and lighting including chandeliers, wall sconces, lamps, and pendants.
- Paint supplies including the paint itself, caulking, paintbrushes, and cleaners.
This is just a small list to give you an idea of all the home improvement items that Lowe’s has to offer and you’ll be able to take the Lowe’s military discount on most of what you’ll find. Shop away!
Is There a Limit on How Much I Can Spend Using the Lowe’s Military Discount?
We know that home improvement supplies are often expensive and you might be wondering if there’s a limit on how much you can spend at Lowe’s while still receiving the military discount.
From our research, there’s no limit at all (besides the restrictions on what you can and can’t buy with the discount) so you’re sure to see a lot of savings with the Lowe’s military discount. Plus, it’s available 363 days a year (Lowe’s is closed on Thanksgiving and Christmas Day).
Even though you can’t use the Lowe’s military discount on product and service installation, it’s still an amazing offer for service members, Veterans, and their families. So, if you’re in the market for all things home and garden, make sure you go to Lowe’s to get maximum savings!