OurMilitary.com, a Valor Worldwide company, was founded to help active service members, veterans, and their families have access to current information and resources. We work each day to provide our visitors with valuable resources to assist military communities.
To help further support our military and their families, we have created a bi-annual scholarship for students that are either an active service member or veteran, a military spouse, or the child of an active service member or veteran.
We are currently accepting applications for our Spring 2020 scholarship! See below for eligibility and how to apply. You can learn more about our Fall 2019 winning recipient Letty Vazquez here.
This is a bi-annual scholarship awarded twice each year. Spring 2020 applications are now open. The Spring 2020 Scholarship deadline to enter is May 1st, with the winner contacted by June 1st. Fall 2020 Scholarship applications will open on this page on May 2nd.
- All applicants must be enrolled, or due to be enrolled, as a full-time student at an accredited US college or university for the semester that they are applying to receive the scholarship.
- Applicants are required to have a 2.7 or better GPA
- Applicants are not required to have a specific major.
- Domestic, international, and undocumented students may apply.
- Students attending online universities are welcome to apply.
- Be an active service member or veteran, spouse of an active service member or veteran, or child of an active service member or veteran
Required Application Details
- Please write a 500-1,000-word essay answering the following prompt:
- Tell us about a challenge you have overcome that has led to where you are today.
- Please submit proof of enrollment or an acceptance letter in an accredited learning institution. We will accept a recent transcript, acceptance letter, or tuition bill. Please note: if you are in the process of applying for colleges and universities, please indicate your current school and submit a document with the schools you have currently applied to. If you are selected for the scholarship, we will ask you to provide proof of enrollment for your college or university at that time.
How to Apply
Please complete the form with the following information to apply: The OurMilitary.com Bi-Annual Veteran Recognition Scholarship
- Full Name
- Email Address
- College or University Name
- College or University Mailing Address
- Proof of Enrollment – Transcripts, tuition receipt, or acceptance letter will be accepted. Please submit as .jpeg, .pdf, or .doc
- An essay answering the above questions. Please submit as .pdf or .doc
- Verify that you are an active service member or veteran, spouse of an active service member or veteran, or child of an active service member or veteran
- Confirmation and acceptance of terms and conditions
All applications must be submitted by May 1st, 2020.
A winner will be selected and notified via email by June 1st, 2020.
Additional Scholarship Details
- The winning candidate will be selected by a panel of judges from OurMilitary.com.
- The scholarship is available on a bi-yearly basis and is non-renewable.
- Questions about The OurMilitary.com Annual Veteran Recognition Scholarship can be directed to email@example.com.
- The scholarship funds provided by OurMilitary.com will be sent via check to the college or university. Funds are to be applied to qualified college expenses (including tuition, fees, books, and on-campus room and board) for the current academic year.
Terms & Conditions