Killeen, Texas 76542 (254) 616-1770
The Central Texas State Veterans Cemetery in Killeen is located on 174 acres previously part of Fort Hood and donated by the federal government. The construction of the cemetery was made possible through the coordination of area veterans groups, the City of Killeen, the federal government, and the VLB. The Groundbreaking Ceremony for the first Texas State Veterans Cemetery was held on November 11, 2003, with the Dedication Ceremony held on October 5, 2005. The first interment was January 4, 2006.